3 Steak Kabob Recipes to Try This Weekend
By Kansas City Steak Company
Mouthwatering steak bites and crisp veggie morsels on skewers… Few things make an impression quite like an incredible, flavorful steak kabob loaded with tender, savory pieces of perfectly grilled steak and fresh-from-the-garden vegetables.
Summer is the season for sizzle, so there’s no better time to try these three new steak kabob recipes.
The secret to every great beef kabob recipe involves three components: great quality steak, fresh vegetables and of course, the perfect, flavorful marinade. Our favorite recipes check all those boxes and a few more, and are a guaranteed way to take your steak kabob game to the big league!
Honey Grilled Bourbon Bites
This recipe is from one of our personal hometown heroes: Kansas City Steak Cook Team Chef Eric Harland. Loaded with flavor and just the right amount of kick and sweetness, this is one steak kabob recipe you’ll be making again soon. Don’t wait until the last minute on this recipe, though. For optimum flavor, marinade your steak overnight and enjoy the reward for your patience! Serve with your favorite summer salad or vegetable medley and an ice-cold beverage. Bon Appetit!
- 2lbs. of beef tenderloin tips
- 1/4 C Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 C Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 C Raw Honey
- 1/4 C Bourbon
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup honey, and ½ cup bourbon using a large Ziploc® bag.
- Make sure to remove all air from the bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a grill to 350°F or 400°F, or a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Spray with a little oil.
- Drain the excess marinade from steak tips.
- Skew steak tips on skewers with your choice of vegetables, or just enjoy steak bites alone. Cook 5-7 minutes until color develops on each side.
- Mix remaining bourbon and honey in a small bowl, then pour over steak tips to glaze.
- Continue cooking until the glaze has caramelized and darkened to a rich brown color, and some of the bourbon has cooked out. (No more than 2 mins.)
- Tenderloin tips will have plenty of salt, but for that extra flavor boost, sprinkle a little of Kansas City Steak Seasoning over the top.
Summer Steak & Potato Kabob
Kansas City Steak Cook Team Chef Eric Harland does it again with a hearty beef kabob recipe we can all appreciate. Soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, olive oil and a feisty handful of seasonings work together to produce a flavor statement you’ll crave all summer long. Serve with a heaping portion of grilled veggies and enjoy!
Marinade Ingredients (for 2 lbs of Tenderloin Tips):
- 1/3 C Soy Sauce (or Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- 1/3 C Lemon Juice
- 1/2 C Olive oil
- 1/4 C Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Italian Dressing
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Pinch of Red Pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt, and a pinch of red pepper.
- Add steaks to a resealable zip lock bag or large bowl and pour the marinade on top.
- Marinate overnight.
Kabobs Ingredients (2lbs. of tenderloin tips)
- Remove the tenderloin tips from the marinade and add to a rimmed baking pan along with the baby portabella mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until just tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Thread the marinated steak and mushrooms, along with the potatoes, onto skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush potatoes and mushrooms with oil.
- Grill kabobs for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until meat is cooked to desired doneness.
- Finish with a sprinkle of Original Steak Seasoning.
Pistachio Crusted Steak Kabobs
The final beef kabob recipe in our “top three” list involves just 7 ingredients, plus the skewers! Tender, bite-sized pieces of top sirloin (or substitute filet mignon, if you prefer), garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, seasoned salt, sugar and finely crushed pistachios give this kabob recipe one-of-a-kind flavor!
- 4 Top Sirloin Steaks (or Filet Mignon), each cut into 8 cubes
- 16 (10 in.) wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ cup finely crushed pistachios
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a Ziploc® freezer bag.
- Shake to combine.
- Place Top Sirloin Steaks cubes into a Ziploc® bag, a few at a time, and shake to coat completely.
- Thread 4 steak cubes onto each skewer. Grill kabobs over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until done.
- Remove from grill; quickly roll kabobs into finely crushed pistachios. Serve immediately.
There you have it! With our expert help, you’re ready to “ka-knock” your steak kabobs out of the park! Tell us which recipe sounds best to you in the comments below, or better yet, share your favorite kabob recipe!
You must be logged in to post a comment.