5 Perfect Pairings for Your Beef Wellington
By Kansas City Steak Company
Watch any movie, live theater or sporting event and it’s easy to quickly identify the star of the show. They stand out, apart and above the rest.
Our Beef Wellington can relate.
The individual components of the recipe are incredible enough. Our finest super-trimmed Filet Mignon, savory mushroom duxelles and a light, flaky puff pastry.
Combined together are considered star material.
The challenge with a star sometimes is how to share the spotlight. A star by itself can get lonely.
So how do you complement the stardom found in our Beef Wellington? After all, it commands respect, attention, and anticipation once it’s plated.
Here are five delicious pairings when you serve our Beef Wellington:
- Green Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette – this simple, healthy salad recipe is perfect for spring. And fits in nicely before the star takes the stage.
- Twice Baked Potatoes – meat and potatoes is a cliché for a reason. Perhaps Beef Wellington and Twice-Baked Potatoes should be the next iteration of that phrase.
- Green Beans with Bacon Vinaigrette – salad isn’t the only item worthy of a vinaigrette bathing. And one made with bacon? A perfect side dish to the star of the show.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic – Brussels Sprouts have made a major comeback the last several years. And rightfully so. These sprouts add great color and texture to accompany your Beef Wellington.
- Red Wine – of course. The star of the show demands the best. So be sure the wine glasses are full. Don’t be afraid to open the “special occasion” bottle. And the second one.
We’ve done the hardest part for you. The star can be delivered to your front door. All you need to do to ensure perfection is heat up your oven.
Make sure to crack open that special bottle of wine in anticipation of greatness.
You must be logged in to post a comment.