5 Slow Cooker Recipes to Bring the Mood Down to Something Saucy and Delicious
By Kansas City Steak Company
Turn down the lights, put on some Barry White and set that dial to low – it’s Slow Cooker Month, baby.
In this fast and furious world filled with meals that can be seared and served in under 20 minutes, we sometimes miss all the delights that go with slowing things down.
We overlook that collagen in meat slowly melts when brought to 165 degrees, adding enhanced flavor and texture. Most importantly, we forget that sense of euphoria when you bite into a piece of juicy meat that just falls apart in your mouth.
As a result, our relationship with slow cooking becomes strained and distant. Our slow cookers exist in estranged kitchen storage limbo, receiving only occasional awkward glances as we pull out the turkey roaster or dehumidifier.
But now is the time to rekindle the flame of your slow cooking romance – or, in this case, plug in that mustard yellow slow cooker. And to help set the mood, we’ve got five slow cooking recipes to get you started, including one from Kansas City Steak Cook Team’s very own, Chef Eric Harland:
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops Recipe: These rubbed and then slow cooked pork chops will have you singing “I’ll make rub to you” for the next week.
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak: This dish is qualified to satisfy your hunger with a mixture of ground beef and a brown sauce that hits the mouth with its own special blend of hot bebop.
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings: This chicken and dumplings meal is simply irresistible.
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak: This crazy little thing is so tender and flavorful, it needs to be spread over a bed of noodles or rice just to calm it down.
- Beef Tip Sauvignon: Saving the best for last, this is our top recommendation, the combination of Super TrimmedTM Filet Mignon Tips and creamy mushroom soup in the recipe will create an endless love between you and your slow cooker. Our very own Chef Eric Harland was kind enough to share his secret recipe below.
Keep it low and keep it slow, steak lovers!
Chef Eric Harland’s Beef Tip Sauvignon:
- 1 1/2 lbs. Super Trimmed™ Tenderloin Filet Mignon Tips
- 1 Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Package of Egg Noodles
- 1/2 Cup Beef Bone Broth (or Beef Stock)
- 1/2 Cup Sauvignon or Shiraz Wine
- 4 oz Package of French Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Cups Baby Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 White Onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, rough diced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Add Kansas City Steak Company Filet Mignon Tips to a 6 qt slow cooker
- Combine with French Onion Soup Mix
- Add Portobello mushrooms, onion and garlic
- Pour wine, broth and Worcestershire sauce into slow cooker
- Top everything with the Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, stir every hour (or Cook HIGH for 4-5 hours)
- Serve over prepared egg noodles
- Garnish with sliced scallions & Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning to taste
You must be logged in to post a comment.