Garlic Vinaigrette Chateaubriand
By Kansas City Steak Company
Chateaubriand is a word as fun to say as it is to make. But don’t let the long name intimidate you.
It’s simply a fancy way of describing a large, delicious Beef Tenderloin. Basically an entire collection of our award-winning Filet Mignon, all bundled up together.
Sounds incredible, doesn’t it? It is.
But how do you make it? What’s the best method?
We asked Amanda, our Director of Merchandising, for her go-to Chateaubriand recipe. At the risk of overstating it, we think this recipe will change your life. And the lives of all those who are fortunate enough to join the feast.
So here it is, Amanda’s Garlic Vinaigrette Chateaubriand Recipe:
Ingredients for the Roasted Garlic:
- 2 or 3 full heads of garlic, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt
Ingredients for the Roasted Beef Tenderloin:
- 1 – 4-1/2 pound boneless beef tenderloin
- Original Steak Seasoning
Ingredients for the Vinaigrette:
- Roasted garlic from above
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. water
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Roasted Garlic Instructions:
- Cut the heads of garlic in half cross-wise.
- Place the garlic halves on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle them with the olive oil, and sprinkle with the salt.
- Fold the foil up and around the garlic halves, making sure that the garlic stays upright.
- Seal the foil into an airtight package around the garlic halves.
- Roast until the garlic cloves are golden and soft, about 45 minutes.
- Keep the garlic halves in the foil and cool slightly.
Beef Tenderloin Instructions:
- Thirty minutes after the garlic has started roasting, place the tenderloin in a medium, heavy roasting pan.
- Season the tenderloin to taste on all sides with Original Steak Seasoning.
- Roast the beef along with the garlic until an instant-read meat thermometer reads 145 degrees for beef.
- Remove the roasted tenderloin from the oven and form a tent of aluminum foil over the product.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Open the garlic packets and squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a blender, squeezing the base of each garlic half.
- Add the parsley and balsamic vinegar.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Drizzle or pour the olive oil into the blender and blend well again.
- Add the sugar, salt, pepper, and two Tbsp. of water.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the tenderloin.
- Slice into desired thickness of slices.
- Pass around the remaining vinaigrette in a small ‘gravy’ type dish.
Last instruction is to eat every last bite and enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.