Sweet Sixteen Appetizers for Your Hoops Watch Party
Your bracket is busted. But you’re still hosting or attending a college hoops watch party this weekend.
The trusty cheese dip served you well last weekend, but you’re in search of a new appetizer recipe for the sweet round of 16.
Have no fear, we’re here to serve.
Choose any one of these savory appetizers from these Kansas City Steak Company blogger friends and watch the party come to a screeching halt because they can’t get enough.
- The Perfect Steak – Simply Designing tries to redeem your not-so-perfect bracket by showing us how to make the perfect steak. A Kansas City Steak of course.
- Spring Puppy Chow Mix – Mommy Hates Cooking gives us a handful of goodness that can’t be denied. Or put down.
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos – Handmade in the Heartland had us at bacon.
- Tex Mex Hot Pimento Cheese Dip – House of Yumm’s pimento cheese dip will be gone quicker than your chances of winning the office pool.
- Steak Bites – A Southern Fairytale speaks our love language with these Kansas City Steak Company steak bites. Sure to be in your Final Four.
- Cajun Mac N’ Cheese – Out to Eat’s take on a childhood staple is a guaranteed winner.
- Spinach Queso Dip – This is Happiness mixes in the much-needed vegetables. But not too many of course, we’re watching basketball after all.
- Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Preppy Hostess puts the sweet in Sweet 16 with these to-die-for chocolate chip cookies.
- Potato Skins – The Pioneer Woman goes nostalgic on an old time favorite, like when there was no three-pointer or shot clock.
- Crispy Baked Chicken Wings – we’re a steak company so typically we stick to the best meat, but chicken wings are a necessity during the madness of March and Heartbeats Soul Stains makes wings we can’t ignore.
- Baked Goat Cheese Drizzled with Honey – Everyday Occasions gives you an easy, unforgettable spread for your favorite warm bread.
- Pizza Dip – Pizza. In a dip. During a basketball game. Enough said. Thanks Bakes in Slippers.
- Sinfully Delicious Cherry Cheesecake Bars – Mommity gives us a break from the dips and cheeses with cheesecake bars sure to leave your guests begging for seconds.
- Fresh Citrus + Mint Rum Cocktail – no watch party is complete without an adult beverage. Or two. An Appealing Plan gives us a rum cocktail that’s as easy to make as it is delicious.
- Green Velvet Cupcakes with Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting – Our Kids Mom combines the sweet of #10 and the adult of #11 and gives us both in this Cinderella pick.
- Power Balls – Joanna Gaines brings some of the healthy into the typically not-so-healthy watch party fare.
Make one. Make all 16. Or anywhere in between.
Whatever your decision, these appetizers are sure to inject some savory flavor into your Sweet 16 party.
Photo Credit: A Southern Fairytale