Grill Profile – Traeger Grills
By Kansas City Steak Company
This summer, we’re giving you an in-depth look at several grills and smokers. We’ve already profiled Bull Products and Big Green Egg. Both are tremendous choices for your backyard and our beloved steaks.
Premier steaks deserve a premium grill after all.
Today, we’re featuring the wood-fired Traeger Grills. This year, they turn the big 3-0. For 30 years, they’ve been smoking and telling the best wood pellet grilling stories to their followers.
We asked Jake, one of their dealers, to explain why they should adopt Traegering as a new pastime this summer.
He agreed to share his reasons, but only if we’d allow him to grill one of our filets on their lovely grills.
Here’s what he had to say:
- What should a Kansas City Steak customer expect when they cook their steaks on a Traeger? – “Cook your steak on a Traeger and expect tender, flavorful wood fired richness. It’s a fact that steaks cooked over a wood fire simply taste better!”
- What makes a Traeger product different from other grilling options?
- Taste: It’s a fact, cooking with wood tastes better. Pure hardwood is the fuel for Traeger’s signature flavor. Traeger owners and BBQ enthusiasts agree that wood-fired flavor is what they love most about their grill, because it simply tastes better than charcoal or gas. Real wood, real flavor – every time. Taste the wood-fired difference.
- Versatility: Grill, Smoke, Bake, Roast, Braise & BBQ. Traeger 6-in-1 versatility allows you to cook hot and fast or low and slow. When you fire up your Traeger, you ignite the power to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ – you’re the master of all trades. From baby back ribs to wood-fired pizza, smoky mac & cheese and even homemade apple pie, anything you can cook up in your head, you can cook up on your Traeger.
- Ease: Wood Fired Cooking is simple with Traeger. Traeger’s ease of use and simple controls let you focus on what matters: your food, your family, and your friends. Our digitally controlled convection heating system simplifies wood-fired cooking, allowing for easy temperature settings, just like your oven. So whether you’re perfecting a recipe or watching the game, Traeger has you covered.
- Consistency: Perfect results with every single cook. Consistent temperature gives you consistent results, meaning you can craft food rather than tend to the fire. Traeger manages the temperature for you, cutting out a major variable in achieving consistent results. Master your brisket recipe, champion a whole roasted chicken, and cook with confidence knowing that you can replicate perfect results again and again.
- Is it easy to use a Traeger? – “There is a learning curve but it’s a quick one. The hardest part is not opening the lid to check your delicious food. With the Traeger being an indirect heat style grill, you want to put your food on and shut the lid. And leave it closed until you’re ready to flip, sauce or remove from the grill. So the real learning curve is figuring out what to do with your extra time!”
- Why should someone ditch their typical grill for a Traeger product? – “Why wouldn’t you Traeger? It’s easy to use and makes food taste wood fiery great with no flare ups! Wood-Fired is cooking the way mother nature intended. Cooking over fire is what makes us human, it’s part of evolution, and it simply tastes better. MEAT. FIRE. GOOD.”
- Can you share one grilling tip or trick when cooking steaks on a Traeger? – “Here’s how to reverse sear:
- Smoke your cut of choice at 180-225 degrees F for about 45 mins to 1 hour, or until it’s almost at your desired doneness.
- Remove steak from the grill and increase the temperature to High.
- It’s crucial you don’t open the lid until the grill hits searing temperature.
- Throw that beef on the scorchin’ grill grates for about 1 minute on each side or until desired doneness and enjoy the best Kansas City Steak of your life.
It’s THAT simple.”
So what do our steaks look like when they Traeger? Well, we think you’ll approve.
You must be logged in to post a comment.